OFFICIAL FESTIVAL RULES AND ELIGIBILITY
1. ELIGIBILITY: Festival is open to all comedians who are at least 21 years of age, human, and reside on planet Earth at the time of submission.
2. DESCRIPTION: Comedian ("Participant") must complete a submission form and a processing fee ("Fee") of thirty (30) dollars to The "Rip City Comedy Festival“ ("Festival") All Fees are only payable through PayPal. Submission period ("Submission") begins at 12:01 AM PDT on Tuesday, October 31st 2023 and ends at 12:01 PM PST on Monday, January 1st 2024. Early Bird price of 30$ dollars will end effective 12/2, with cost of application being full price of forty (40) dollars. Following the Submission, Participants will be reviewed according to the Panel criteria as detailed in Section 5 of the Official Festival Rules. All fees are nonrefundable.
3. ENTRY: To enter, complete a submission form and include one (1) YouTUBE or Vimeo video that depicts you performing a stand-up comedy routine, five (5) minutes in play length. Video can be a "best of" highlight reel, or of one continuous set. The video submitted as part of Participant's Entry ("Entry") must not be longer than five (5) minutes in play length. If a submitted video exceeds five (5) minutes in play length, no more than the first five (5) minutes of the video will be reviewed. Entry is not complete until all of the following tasks are performed. All submission forms must be complete with submission fee and received by 12:01 PM PST Monday, January 1st, 2024. Participants must provide all information requested to be eligible. Incomplete, unreadable, private video, or unintelligible Entry will be disqualified. It is the sole responsibility of the Participant to notify the Festival in writing if Participant changes his/her e-mail, postal address, or phone number during the Submission.
4. MATERIAL: All items submitted will become the property of the Festival for promotional use, and will not be returned to Participant. ("Material") includes to the extent applicable (a) any information (e.g., comedy routine, video, headshot) submitted by you or in connection with the Festival; (b) your name, likeness, voice, and image; and (c) all photographs, recordings, audiovisual, writings, biographical, statements, and quotations of you and furnished to the Festival by you in connection with your participation in the Festival. Do not submit any Material of anyone other than yourself. By submitting Material, you represent and warrant to the Festival that (i) the Material is wholly original and does not infringe upon or otherwise violate any copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity, or other proprietary right of any person or entity, (ii) you have all rights necessary to submit the Material to the Festival in accordance with these Official Festival Rules, and (iii) no party other than you has any right, title, or interest in and to the Material or any part of the Material which would impair the rights granted to Festival hereunder. Material must not contain nudity, any unlawful acts, or people eating sandwiches.
5. QUALIFYING NOTIFICATION: All Materials submitted during the Submission period will be reviewed by a committee ("Panel") selected by the Festival. Humor (33%), Stage Presence (33%), Originality (33%) and Luck (1%). Participant reviewing will take place until Monday, January 23rd, 2023. Each of the accepted Participants will be notified via email on or about January 23rd, 2023 and will be required to respond (as directed) to the notification attempt. The failure to respond timely to the notification may result in forfeiture of participation in the Festival and, in such case, Festival will select an alternate Participant from among all remaining Entries submitted. Non accepted Participants will not be notified via email.
6. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION/RELEASES: By submitting, Participants agree to be bound by these Official Festival Rules, which shall be final and binding in all respects. The Released Parties shall not be liable for: (i) late, lost, delayed, stolen, misdirected, incomplete, unreadable, inaccurate, garbled, unintelligible entries, communications or affidavits, regardless of the method of transmission; (ii) telephone system, telephone or computer hardware, software or other technical or computer malfunctions, lost connections, disconnections, delays or transmission errors; (iii) data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry or other materials; (iv) any injuries, losses or damages of any kind resulting from acceptance, or from participation in the Festival; or (v) any printing, typographical, human, administrative or technological errors in any materials associated with the Festival. Festival disclaim any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participating in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with this Festival. If accepted, you grant the Festival the right to record your performance, plus the right to use said recordings in any media; in whole or in part; for any purpose. SLO Comedy Festival reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Festival.
7. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE FESTIVAL OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE FESTIVAL MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE FESTIVAL. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE FESTIVAL RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY FEES) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
9. Coronavirus/COVID-19: I acknowledge the contagious nature of the Coronavirus/COVID-19; I further acknowledge that the Festival can not guarantee that I will not become infected with the Coronavirus/Covid-19. I understand that the risk of becoming exposed to and/or infected by the Coronavirus/COVID-19 may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of myself, including, but not limited to, venue staff, patrons, and other outliers. I voluntarily attend the Festival and acknowledge that I am increasing my risk of exposure to the Coronavirus/COVID-19. I acknowledge that I must comply with all set procedures to reduce the spread while attending Festival.
Before arriving at the festival I attest that:
* I am not experiencing any symptom of illness such as cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, or new loss of taste or smell.
* I have not traveled internationally, or to a highly impacted area (Red Zone) within the United States of America in the last 14 days.
* I do not believe I have been exposed to someone with a suspected and/or confirmed case of the Coronavirus/COVID-19.
* I have not been diagnosed with Coronavirus/Covid-19.
* I am following all CDC recommended guidelines and limiting my exposure to the Coronavirus/COVID-19.
I hereby release and agree to hold the Festival harmless from, and waive on behalf of myself, my heirs, and any personal representatives any and all causes of action, claims, demands, damages, costs, expenses and compensation for damage or loss to myself and/or property that may be caused by any act, or failure to act by the Festival, or that may otherwise arise in any way in connection with any activities from the Festival. I understand that this release discharges the Festival from any liability or claim that I, my heirs, or any personal representatives may have against the Festival with respect to any bodily injury, illness, death, medical treatment, or property damage that may arise from, or in connection to, any interaction with the Festival. This liability waiver and release extends to the Festival together with all owners, partners, venues, and employees.
10. FESTIVAL LINE-UP: The Festival line up will be announced on our website no later than Thursday, February 1st, 2024 Only accepted Participants will be notified via email.